Saturday, August 12, 2006

Friend or Not a Friend? HHHMMM

Ok its MySpace, the most popular way to stay connected and learn about people you don’t get to see or talk to on a regular basis. To be honest it is how I managed to keep most of my friends. To be honest my friends from Inndwelling and SMDP find this to be the best way to keep each other updated on the happenings of our lives.

However this MySpace is not foolproof there is the drawback of not knowing someone’s account name and chances are they chose not to fill out the real name section ,spelled their names some funky kind of way, or my favorite ,when you do a search on their real name you got a zillion other people with the same name.

I bet you think I am about to tell you some little secret on how to get around these drawbacks but HA HA I don’t blog about tech stuff and give out tips unless I am truly impressed with how it makes life easier.

My point behind all of this, the whole MySpace thing can be disappointing and sometimes in the worst way possible. It is how I have been able to figure out who was my friend in real life and who wasn’t. It also helped me find stuff out about people, things that you would normally call and tell all your friends about, lol, I didn’t get a call. And I normally get this. “yeah I talked to so and so and he is doing this” Then I say “why didn’t he tell me?’ And it ends with “Well He put it on MySpace.” Well what the hell, I thought he or she and I were friends, close enough that they would call and tell me shit. I don’t know maybe its just me, maybe my generation just don’t see the need for the telephone, and that if you cant do it through a computer it doesn’t need to be done. But if that were so why dose everyone have a cell phone?

No comments: